We are pleased to announce the project funded by the Danube Rectors' Conference and
coordinated by the University of Maribor: the DRC Initiative
As a part of a wider framework of the European Union Strategy for the Danube Region (EUSDR), especially in the field of the priority area "Knowledge society",
The Danube Rectors' Conference offers students of doctoral study programmes at DRC member universities the
possibility to obtain financial means for developing applicants' projects, solutions, prototypes.
In the focus of this project are three targets of the EUSDR
1. Increase the number of innovations, official inventions of EPO and PCT patent applications
2. Increase cooperation and mobility in the field of research and education
3. Increase the number of joint publications on research results.
We are prepared to support outstanding students and young scholars' projects which can have a positive impact in the region, in line with the EU Strategy for the
Danube Region (EUSDR), by financing the following activities:
- Material costs - needed to prove or develop an applicative aspect of knowledge or technology
- Cost of use of research equipment at other DRC member institutions
- Service costs
- Travel costs and costs of stay for the students and their family members
The available financial means for projects is 50,000 EUR, and it is envisioned that no more than 25 applications will be accepted for funding, or a
maximum of 5,000 EUR may be granted per application. Furthermore, whereas candidates applying for the target area one and three (innovation and joint
publication) may receive financial resources up to 2,000 EUR, for the target area two (cooperation and mobility) the maximum amount of financial support is 1,000
EUR. If projects apply to all three target areas, the maximum attainable amount is 5,000 EUR.
More information on evaluation criteria may be found on this link
In case you need additional information and support, please feel free to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the applications is 31st March 2022
and the candidates will be informed about the
results by the end of April.