The Danube Rectors’ Conference (DRC) is pleased to announce that the Call for applications for the "Sharing Future" Residence scholarship 2020 of the International Elias Canetti Society is now open!
Also in 2020, the DRC is funding one residence scholarship that enables the scholarship holder to pursue his/ her artistic work within one month in the summer of 2020 at the Canetti House in Ruse, Bulgaria.
The Canetti Artist Scholarship is aimed at artists from all over Europe. The fact that it is also advertised to artists from neighboring countries - from the Western Balkans and Turkey, should in particular provide opportunities for international, artistic exchange. Various different forms of arts should be fostered by the scholarship: painters, photographers, writers, performance artists, translators and musicians can apply for it. The slogan of the scholarship “Sharing Future” aims at a collaborative creation and cooperation for a joint Europe and a common future.
The scholarship is advertised for one month a year.
The scholarship holder can
- pursue his/ her artistic work undisturbed in the spring / summer of 2020 in Ruse
- use the historic Canetti house as work place with various possibilities for artistic expression using the space (photos attached)
- get to know the local cultural scene in Ruse and Bulgaria and use the resulting synergies and artistic realization
- live in an apartment provided by the IECS
- receive 1200 € for contribution and 300 for € travel expenses or 1500 € for both combined
Application documents to be submitted:
• artist curriculum vitae
• significant illustrations of the artistic works in personal catalogs or a portfolio
• brief outline of the planned project
The application with all documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than the 30.3.2020.
You can find additional information in the attached document.