The European Commission's Joint Research Centre (DG JRC) is organising on 15th and 16th November 2018 a workshop on "Start-ups in Innovation Ecosystems in South-East Europe" in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- To provide policy makers and innovation practitioners with knowledge and training/practical insights in setting up successful start-up platforms with support programmes strengthening regional/national innovation ecosystems.
- To review various models of acceleration, building a pipeline of projects, attracting industrial partners, providing business support services, involving governmental entities, which are key elements in the development of successful innovation ecosystems.
The workshop will target in particular policy makers and other innovation stakeholders such as universities, research organisations, chambers of commerce, business angels, science parks and other relevant practitioners from South-East Europe.
Apply to participate
- Attendance to the event is by invitation only. If you wish to participate you are encouraged to submit an expression of interest (deadline 10 October 2018).
- An overview of the draft programme can be found at the event page.
- Given the limited number of places, we will not be able to admit all interested applicants but will perform a selection based on applicant's background, affiliation and motivation with due respect to a fair geographical representation.