In line with one of the actions of EUSDR PA5 “to support anticipating local and regional impacts of climate change regarding the Danube Region through research”, priority area coordination is intent to collect the results of finalized or ongoing research projects and best practices within the Danube basin on the field of climate change adaptation. Therefore, PA5 area will finance in 2018 a Thematic Issue of the Journal of Environmental Geography (JoEG) in cooperation with the University of Szeged.
The thematic issue aims to encompass articles from different fields, analysing among others the vulnerability of water bodies, soil mass, different ecosystems and the human environment of the region to climate change impacts and helps to identify potential adaptation measures. The issue will facilitate to raise awareness and gather stakeholders to share knowledge and focus on the better preparedness and resilience of the Danube countries against the adverse effects of climate change. It also gives a great opportunity to trace the Danube basin research progress in order to stimulate further investigation topics.
- The official Call for Papers with all necessarry details of publication can be downloaded from the website.
- Submission deadline for the Thematic Issue: 15/9/2018
- Please inform the journal Editors and EUSDR PA5 experts beforehand, by sending an abstract in e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and Danube.Envirisks@mfa.gov.hu
- The manuscripts have to be submitted via the website of the University of Szeged
- Before submission please read the ‘Instruction for Authors’ carefully! Than create a profile, log in and use the manuscript submission menu point.